Sunday school lessons are held each Sunday from September through May. For more information about the Sunday school program, please see Anastasia Salaneck.
- Ages 4-6: Lessons for children who are 4 to 6 years old are held between the Gospel reading and Communion. The lessons follow the Orthodox Christian Education Commission’s curriculum, “Together with God”: Introduction to the liturgical life of the church with the understanding that the Church is God’s Family.
- Ages 7-9: Lessons for children who are 7 to 9 years old are held between the Gospel reading and Communion. The lessons follow the Orthodox Christian Education Commission’s curriculum “New Life in the Church”: A thirty-lesson manual supplemented by Bible story materials or stories in church history to illustrate theories and concepts.
To ensure productive lessons and a successful Sunday school program, we hope that the following guidelines can be followed:
1. Children who are not participating in the lessons should remain upstairs when classes are held.
2. The role of teachers is to provide instruction and establish discipline during lessons. Parents who are not volunteering to teach the lesson should avoid interrupting the lesson.
3. If a child misses a lesson, the parents are responsible for ensuring that the child makes up the lesson.